They have fangs like spiders and metal bodies with red eyes. They make squeaks and the machine makes many to run around the factory. Some also climb on the walls.
Role in the filmEdit
When a seeker returns to the factory many spiderbots are climbing on the factory outside walls and inside they scurry over rocks and The Fabrication Machine can briefly be seen making another one come to life by sparking it.
When 9 sneaks into the factory, one scuttles by. 9 crawls through a pipe and hides as another spiderbot goes past a hole.Then as he and 7 to escape hundreds are sent by the machine to get them, one screeches on top of a rock and they all go over rocks and a few over 8's corpse after his soul was taken. They chase them up the tunnel and are hit by a barrel filled with an explosive substance (probably gasoline or oil, but maybe oil since it makes a large explosion and doesn't explode instantly), and it is presumed they all blew up in the explosion.
- The spiderbots are the most untalked about machines in the film.
- The spiderbots have four eyes, one big one and three small. Real spiders have eight.
- They make screeches and squeaks like large spiders would do.
- The machine appears to have made about 600.
- They appear to have serrated legs that allow them to climb up ceilings and walls.
- It is asumed many die when the oil/gasoline barrel hits them, some, however run back into the factory only to be blown to smithereens.
- They are about the size of trantulas.
- They look like their bodies are made of candle stick holders, but close inspection shows there actually belows to help them speed forward.