The Steel Behemoths are tall bipedal war machines built by the Fabrication Machine. They were commissioned by the Chancellor to further his goals of world domination. They are also sometimes known as Walkers or Mech-Walkers, "mech" being short for "mechanical."
Description/AppearenceEditThe machine stands 30 feet tall on a pair of slender legs. Though thin, they are quite strong and capable of moving at considerable speeds. A single red eye is found in the center of oval body. It is armed with a single gatling gun beneath its eye and a series of poison rockets concealed within its back.
HistoryEditBefore the film's beginning, the Chancellor had ordered the Fabrication Machine to construct an army of the behemoths for law enforcement and war. However when the B.R.A.I.N. snapped, the behemoths turned on humans and started their war that ended humanity. In the war they killed people and nature with their gas rockets and guns.
Their only appearances in the film was the flashback provided by 3 and 4 and as dead hulks in their environment. In the flashback they shoot a man who throws a molotov cocktail at one and is shot. 5 loses his left eye as a gas bomb hits the back of his head. He is rescued by 7 and 2. And some dead ones lie in the ruined world. In the factory some appear, proabaly waiting to go into action by the machine but the war ended before they could be used. The Fabrication Machine is seen wiring one near the film's end in the factory.
- They resemble the Tripod's from HG Wells novel "War of the Worlds" and AT-ST walkers from Star Wars.
- The Fabrication machine is seen repairing one in the factory. But it was destroyed when 9 and the rest of the stitch-punks bomb the factory.
- They appear to be the only robots made by the Machine which use military weapons
- The Steel Behemoth's gas bombs don't seem to be able to kill bacteria high up in the atmosphere as rain is seen with glowing bacteria at the end of the film.
- The entire city from the film looks like it's been destroyed by them but they only seem to carry machine guns and gas bombs but not explosives. So it's possible that the destruction of the city was caused by human artillery and air strikes.
- It's unknown if they have attacked any other places or countries around the world. Most likely, because no humans remain on the planet. Most likely other war machines were used in the domination of the planet not shown in either of the films.
- On the Scientist's Facebook it mentions that somehow the Steel Behemoths were able to cross the oceans and kill off humans on the other continents.